For Commission Portrait Work:
1. Email me the photo you want portrait painted and any directions on the contact/order page. Please include best phone and email to contact you and we can talk about what your goals are. Would you like a floating frame or canvas wrap for display (see picture in the column to your right).
2. Do you want a digital image file to print yourself or use on website or other promotion for museum, library, performing arts center or philanthropic donor presentation. This has the quickest turn around and can be used in many different retail, marketing and promotion venues.
3. I will contact you by phone or email with an estimate of cost and time to do the portrait painting you want. We will go over your goals in creating this fine art investment and I can then be very specific with time and cost issues to complete your art piece.
4. After we have talked and agreed on how best to make your vision come to life, and you give me the "go ahead," you will need to put down a deposit, using Pay Pal. I will email you an invoice for paypal. The system allows you to use a regular credit card. I will begin working on your painting.
5. I will create your hand painted portrait on canvas or digital image file and I email you a final low Resolution image of the final painting to make sure you are happy with what I have created. If everything is good, then I will need the balance of payment using Pay Pal, before shipping you your art piece via FedEx Signature or sending the image FTP.
FAQs About Commission Work
What is the average cost of a custom portrait painting?
Generally it depends on variables such as size of finished portrait and if you want a Gallery Wrap(no frame ready to hang) or (Black Floating Frame ready to hang), or if you just want a high quality image file to print yourself or use for web or other media applications.
What is the process entail?
All portrait paintings are hand painted stroke by stroke using a multimedia mix of digital brush and canvas with acrylic paint and gels.This multimedia Gallery Quality Giclee method with archival Ink on Archival Quality Canvas is then hand embellished with Acrylic Paint for highlights and Gels for UV protection and texture. Every painting is unique in that hand embellishment texture can never be the same between paintings. All portrait painting’s final gel coat is in simi-gloss or gloss finish.
Painted from original photo by Stuart Griggs with Model: Elle Hooper.
Gallery Wrap and Black Floating Frames all come with hanging hardware included and installed at no extra charge. Time to deliver portrait once order is placed is typically 2-3 weeks, depending on current orders in the cue. Faster turn around time for digital image files.